Sunday 13 March 2016

Worshiping from Psalm 103

Psalm 103 written is by King David. The first 5 verses speak of the personal mercies which he experienced. These verses are....

"1 Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's."

When I stand for worship, thanking the Lord for his sacrifice on the Cross of Calvary, I realise that these 5 verses hold the reason why I must worship him.

I must worship the Lord because he--
1. Forgives - How many times I sin,  and I come back to him, I know I am forgiven, he does not remember my sins and has forgotten it. The Lord Jesus Christ died for my sins.... MY SINS!!! He constantly changes me for the better. I stop sinning because i am a better person than I was when I first knew him. When I first came to know of the saving grace.

2. Heals - He heals me of my past. I do not talk of the physical healing but woulds made by my sins are all healed by his blood,

and finally

3. Restores - He restores me with new life and assurance because he rose again and he has promised me eternal life with him.

After all this, can I stay back from not worshiping him? How much more can one give????

No comments:

Post a Comment