You would have to forgive me for an irregular blogging pattern, all this owing to the tough schedule I go through and so much packed for the weekends and the weekdays that there is not time left to just sit, think and relax and then write.
Nevertheless I can’t wait to share what I heard this Sunday at church!!! This Sunday was more on the Spirit of the Lord in us. For those of you who haven’t accepted the lord Jesus Christ as your personal saviour and called him into your heart, I suggest you do soon!!!!!. The privileges of having the Spirit of the Lord in us are immense. And it right about encompasses everything that is there to trouble in this life.
The many privileges of having a the Spirit of the Lord in us are-
1. When we look at Daniel, he seems like one of those brave men of the Bible who feared nothing even when the whole world was against them, literally. In Daniel 4:8, 9 we see that,”... and no secret troubleth thee”. Now for the King of Babylon, Nebuchadnezzar to have said that would require substantial proof and experience. Thus by this small yet very significant example, we learn that when the Spirit of the Lord resides in us then nothing in this world troubles us. For if anything, even in the minutest level is bothering us, all we have to do is, like Daniel... PRAY!!!!!. As mentioned again in Daniel 6:10, “Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.” He gave thanks.. T-H-A-N-K-S.. Thanks... we don’t do that do we? We rather spend the time, grumbling or figuring out a way to get over the problems knowing for fact that the one who made the universe can take care of it all.
2. We are able to anything, even if it is impossible. In Phillipians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” Why does Paul say so? It is because it is not the strength in me that does the miracles but the Spirit of God in me.
3. Having insight, intelligence, wisdom and understanding. Daniel 5:11 “There is a man in thy kingdom, in whom is the spirit of the holy gods; and in the days of thy father light and understanding and wisdom, like the wisdom of the gods, was found in him;..” When we have the wisdom and intelligence then our way of thinking and approach to situations changes.
4. We learn to live like Christ. We slowly shed away old and bad behaviour and imbibe a Christ like approach to life. The change just happens, and before you realise, you already start detesting your old life. Why? You are changed now.
5. We live a mortal life of which is devoid of worries (as we submit everything to Him to takes care of it all) and we shall be living an immortal life of everlasting joy.
So then cast your cares upon him and know that with the Spirit of the Lord within you is doing marvelous thing in you and through you.
Have a blessed week ahead!!!!!!