Saturday 21 October 2017

Soar on wings

Isaiah 40:31- “But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.”

The above mentioned verse is a very familiar passage that we often come across. Some of us even know the song by the Artist Don Moen- Eagle’s Wings. To a commoner like us, like me, one that struggles through the hardships of everyday, waiting and hoping for our dreams and expectations to come true, what does the above verse stand for?

First I thought, it means I shall be provided for anything I ask. Who wouldn't want to believe that. Life would be a lot more simple. All I have to do is wait........

On the contrary, the truth is, if my ambitions are in alignment with the will of the LORD in my life, not only would I be joyous at the arrival of what I had hoped for but also it would be a completion of the what the Lord wants in my life. In the worst of our days when all we have is to hope, pray and wait, this verse is an assurance on various levels. Firstly, our waiting is never in vain because we aren’t knocking on a wall that won’t give way, secondly, we wait on no one other than Our LORD, the God of all possibilities. Thirdly, our strength is renewed when we wait on the LORD, and fourthly, the Lord grants his strength and peace that makes us soar like an eagle. A flight over the highest mountains that scare us and still leaving us with unfathomable peace.
What more of an assurance do you want?

#DonMoen #Eagle'swings #hope

No comments:

Post a Comment