Saturday 24 June 2017

Are you defending your faith???


Apologetics is the term related to the art of making your perfect defence. Used more commonly with the ability to defend your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and the blood he shed for you and me on the cross of Calvary, apologetics, until yesterday did I realise was something that every believer ought to know. Something that every believer is ought to understand how to do and how to bring it to proper action. The striking verse that hit me was 1Peter 3:15-“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear”.

When I was reading, I noticed that, that particular phrase commands us forthrightly to be ready always. This doesn’t tell us to be ready whenever we want to be ready nor when we feel we have become theologians are we ready nor when we think we are spiritually grown to defend our faith. This doesn’t involve time or circumstance but a duty that we hold to the faith that we believe. To the faith that we hold so high!!

Don’t we naturally defend things that are we are attached to? Don’t we defend the people we hold dear? Then why not this? Why not defend in front our non-believer friends, family and colleagues about this saving grace that has turned the tables for us, for no righteousness of our own, save the eternal and undying love of the Lord for us.

This verse opened my eyes yesterday to the countless lost opportunities, where I could have defended my faith instead of holding a mute acknowledgement and a thick facade of unknowingness and weakness of our mighty Lord that I portrayed.  I decide to no longer be silent.... I decide to speak up and defend what I believe and thus obey the command. Do you?


No comments:

Post a Comment